Any of the (usually vertical) bars dividing the lights in a window, esp. in Gothic architecture. Also: a similar bar forming divisions in screen-work or panelling. Each of a series of ribs or columns of rock on a rock face, typically composed of the local rock and usually formed by folding.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *